25/05/2010

Interview with LaFleur!

I am very proud to be able to present this interview with the Producer/DJ/Label Manager LaFleur here on my blog. It means a lot to me that she took the time to answer my questions. I hope that all of you likes it as much as I do!




















You are born and raised in Örebro. When did the dancemusic caught your
attention and when did you start to do more than listen to it?

My love for dancemusic comes from many years of dancing; ballett, salsa, oriental dance and more. All my dance classes made me very interested in movement to music and when I found electronic dance music, it all came together.
I've also as far as I can remember had a will to mission the music I love, so djing and music production has came as a natural step.

Your career started to spin off in Stockholm and you started the DJ duo Housewives with Adeline Supreme. Do you work together on something else except the radio show ”P3 Dans” on Swedish national radio? I wonder because you are living far from each other, you in Berlin and she lives in Stockholm.

I would say my dj career started to spin off in Stockholm already 2004 when I and a friend got the oppurtunity to start a club night at one of Stockholms best night clubs called Berns. It was called Sunday Secrets and was held Sunday nights. After that I held recidencys at different night clubs, most special to me was legendary Grodan Cocktail Club. After a few years of touring both national and international I started the dj duo Housewives together with Adeline, and in Stockholm we held club nights with the same name. Beside the radio show, we are still djing and now also producing together. Even though we are living in different cities we have many projects and interests in common that brings us togheter to continue and evolve the Housewives project.

After Stockholm you moved to Berlin. Do you like it there? And on wich way have the relocation affected your musicality?

Yes I do! From the begining my plan was to stay in Berlin only for three months.. I got 3 months leave of absecensce from my day job as a pharmacisist and moved here to get inspiration in everyday life and to focus on my music productions. Now, two and a half years later, Berlin, with it's cultural underground movement is still a big source for inspiration. My move to Berlin, which also ment that I had to quit my job as pharmacist, has given me time, opportunity and inspiration to evolve creativly.



Right now you are up to date with your newly started record label Power Plant Records and you are releasing the first EP in the end of this month. What was it that prompted you to start your own label?

To start my own imprint has been on my mind for quite a while, but now I finaly felt the time was right. The first release is a 2-track EP from me as La Fleur and will only be available on vinyl, limited 300 copies. The beautiful cover artwork is made by the fantastic German illustrator and painter Olaf Hajek.

When you have released your Flowerhead EP what are you doing then? What is your next aim?

I'm really happy to finally get started with my new imprint Power Plant, where the Flowerhead EP will be released 31st of May. Look forward to continuous work with the label which will be a new creative outlet.
31st of May I'm also releasing another EP called Veris, on dutch label Melomane. It's a three track EP and one of the tracks comes with an Alexi Delano remix. So I'm very excited about that too!
More music and collaborations are on the go and I'm looking forward to share that with you in the near future. I'm also just started working on a live set that will be a fun and inspiring challenge and a nice complement to my dj sets.


(photos By Norman Cavazzana)

Links:


/Homie J

No comments:

Post a Comment